MY ENEMIES AREN’T MY FOES

 


until my hunch pricks me 

and I’m hinted conspicuously

I dare not create fear and panic 

I’d have myself to blame  


though I see them always 

they pop up in one or twos 

but these people are happy and making merry 

I am the problem of myself 


I make the unimportant important 

give rating to what’s not germane 

open my arms out to hug my reflection

my enemies are blameless 


I treat people with kindness and love 

but graciously address myself in disscontempt

created a hollow within myself for hate 

I am my own complexity


truth be told 

my foes aren’t foes 

i am the fool, basking in my follies

swimming against the tides 


I am the enemy of myself

so much listen to what isn’t my concern 

search for stuffs that aren’t missing 

make friends with people I ought to walk past 



@talk2leigh


5:56pm

28 June 2023

Comments

  1. Nice poem with great deep message

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tend to project our hurts and injury on those we despise, thinking they're the cause of our trauma 🦁

    Nice piece, Mio amico ✅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re right, thanks a million

      Delete
  3. Well written boss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts