THE ASHES I WILL STILL BURN TO

 


looking closely 

my addiction also stares at me 

would this be the last stick?

oh! gosh, I’ve dived too deep into this 


every year I make the same resolution 

promising my mumu self that I’ll change 

turn a new leaf for the future 

a blinking tomorrow I might not even witness 


as soon I make that promise to myself 

that is when that subtle voice whispers in me 

“hey! try me for the last time”

“I’ll never hunt you again”


foolish me kept the whole track on repetition 

swimming back into my own vomit 

I’m almost there to stopping this habit 

but we all know that almost is never enough 


my cross, my struggle, my addiction

my love for the lighter and the sparks 

even if my health start to deteriorate 

this is the ashes I will still burn to 



@talk2leigh



6:11pm

19 Jan 2023

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts