FRAGILE TRAIN

 


we were all we’ve got 

ourselves, nothing else matters between us

Feranmi made life so simply for me

he created a perfect utopia for us 

I can sit with him for years 

years feels like just a week in his arms 

for we have come a long road together 

we can never be separated, like never 


from kids, we grew up strong 

approaching adulthood holding hands 

every time we stare into each other’s eyes 

we see am ember of burning passion 

like the second and nano seconds we were stuck

not even a day goes by without seating together 

matched-made from heaven we were 

we were the talk of the town after graduation


Feranmi drop me to my surprise party 

goosebumps on me as he pop “will you marry me?”

was i still standing because I couldn’t feel my legs 

with a subtle yes, I hugged him in tears 

the happiest day of my life had finally come 

I flaunt the ring like I was performing an encore 

“let’s get out of here and celebrate” he whispers 

yeah, I couldn’t wait to celebrate with the man of my dreams


kick start the engine, we left the scene 

I kept admiring the diamond ring, so beautiful 

halting at an intersection, traffic light on red 

still discussing as I responds to chats screaming “congratulations”

as light turned green he hits the accelerator 

unknown to him, a failed break truck came right for a hit 

the only thing I could remember was just the smashing of glasses 

I went blank only to open my eyes in a ward 


faces staring at me as I open my eyes 

a mixed feeling already written on their faces 

I winced in pain as I view at myself in bandages

a spasm just shot across my chest and tummy 

I recalled my last memory and asked “where is Feranmi?”

they all looked me as tears popped from their faces 

only Faderera had the courage and say 

“Feranmi is no longer here, he is now in a better place”




@talk2leigh



6:25pm

14 August 2022

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts