DON'T GRIEVE FOR ME

why stand close to my grave shedding tears?
why being such a coward after my last breathe?
where were you when I needed a spark?
now my light is off, you became so emotional 

it's nice you are here 
staring at me, lying in my comfort 
the love you never for once showed 
radiates now as I lie in my cubicle of endless nap 

what if I open my eyes and wave at you
would you still stand and stay?
betrayal of trust and confidence
humanity lost, no hope for the living 

the love you never shared when I was alive 
the hug you never gave when I was down 
shoulder was never there to soothe my head
now you profess how much you cared in your eulogy

keep your flowers when next you come 
locate not my grave, I don't want disturb 
leave me and let me be
truly then will I finally rest in peace 



@talk2leigh



9:54am
16 May 2022

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts