THE MERMAID I WILL NEVER BE WITH

by the waterside I strolled
savouring the glittering of the sun on water
such colours as my sight behold
nature is just too wonderful 

walking further and further lost in thought 
watching seagulls as they hover about
their squeak produced a symphony with the rhythm of the waves
as they suspends in air, gliding in unison

and there, far deep beside a rock
I saw a lady seated, waist deep in the water
what a beauty to behold
from where I halt, her beauty was radiant

she was leaning on the rock
sun bathing
eyes closed 
enjoying nature's serenity

I walked carefully towards her
I must make this lady a friend
she's just too beautiful to ignore
all my senses came to life

within three steps, she sensed
opened her eyes and saw me
we both stood, motionless
our eyes fixed, only the bird's sound could be heard

as I try to wave, she dived
I stood there startled as I saw her tail
what? a mermaid?
I was transfixed, motionless

I couldn't utter a word
my whole body vibrates like a railway
there under the warm sun 
I saw a mermaid


@talk2leigh
 

17 Nov 2020
2:26pm

Comments

Popular Posts