I WISH


I wish I can listen to all cries
Look through the eyes of every destitute
Wipe away their tears
And make them happy forever

I wish I can sense the next depressed soul
Who uses smiles and laughter as shade
All their pain, tears and grief
Already drafting letters to suicide

I wish I had ten thousand lighting bugs
To light up the dance floor
Creating a natural superb aesthetic
As I tango with my bride

I wish I can take away the pains I've caused my ex'
Not giving them enough love
But false hope all the time
Painting a future they will never feature 

I wish I can communicate with the dead
Reminiscing their nostalgic yearning with them
Although I do with Sly
But can't get through to Tope and Soji

I wish I can read minds
So people's innermost intentions can be clear
So if you are planning to hurt a being
I will raise a defence

I wish I can comfort the afflicted
Like "hey, you lost a loved one?"
"Here is another life"
"Fix it into the body" 

I wish I can always tell a white lie
Just to make the bereaved happy
But I'm sorry, the truth hurts
Slowly heal, reality sets sail for time

I wish I can tell my friends and family how much i love them
Thank them for memories made
Give them all the hugs I can give
For tomorrow may be too late

I wish I can lie beside my wife forever
Not leaving her warm embrace
But life has its own design for human
And time takes it all away


@talk2leigh

16 Oct 20
2:35pm

Comments

Popular Posts